Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

????-(P) Morgan Dollar Love Token!


Bought this at the flea market a few days ago. That was kind of hard to type because right now it's the 11th and I'm scheduling this. Anyway it is a Morgan Dollar and a Love Token which is less common, but not completely unheard of. If you look up "Morgan Dollar Love Tokens" on Google Images you'll see plenty of Morgans with great designs. If you look to the picture below my opinion is that the inscription reads "ST+AB", but let me know what you think down below in the comments. Because of the wear and damage on the coin it is only worth metal value or $21.73.

2 comments:

  1. Chop marks?

    Maybe a bored kid?

    Maybe someone just trying to give us all some grief?!

    ST + AB look sorta right, but the guy must've been a serious amateur with terrible handwriting because this thing looks like a 3 yr old tried to do some metal artwork on it! Lol!

    And, yes, send me your address and I'll get the coins sent to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chop marks?
    -Most likely not.

    Maybe a bored kid?
    -Could be.

    Maybe someone just trying to give us all some grief?!
    -BINGO! By that I mean probably not.

    ST + AB look sorta right, but the guy must've been a serious amateur with terrible handwriting because this thing looks like a 3 yr old tried to do some metal artwork on it! Lol!
    -Well it is pretty worn and scratched. Who knows it may have been some sort of Satanic token that really says STAB and the + was just two random marks from circulation. I don't think a 3 year old could do this, but a 3 year old could definitely draw a picture as a Mother's day present and his/her dad could have turned it into this love token for the kid to give as well.

    And, yes, send me your address and I'll get the coins sent to you!
    -I'm not really too keen on sharing my address through the internet. I'd definitely like to do a trade of sorts, but maybe after we've gotten to know each other a little more, I have a P.O. box, or you have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

    ReplyDelete