Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

2009-(P) Formative Years Lincoln Cent!


I got this in my change over a week ago. Not much to say about it other than it features a young Lincoln reading while taking a break from rail splitting. It was designed and sculpted by Charles Vickers, and released on May 14, 2009. This is the third or fourth one of these I've found so while they haven't circulated as well as most coins, they have circulated well. With all that circulating comes wear, scratches, and tarnish which makes this coin worth about $0.10.

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing that new coins don't circulate well in S. Carolina?! I have rolls of these sitting around! When LP1-LP5 came out, Michigan go a load of these babies! The one thing we rarely see here in my area are the ATB Quarters and those from the 6 Territory Series. I have a roll each of the 50 US states, maybe 3 rolls of the territories, so I need about $30 worth of quarters to finish the territories, and about 4 rolls of the Hot Springs quarters but still working on the rest. I think people have been picked them out here, because when I get one, they are brand new. I don't blame them, they look pretty nice!

    I'm still trying to get my hands on 2009 dimes and nickels. I have about 10 total. I don't think Michigan got any when they were put into circulation, and then all the hoarders starting keeping all of the rolls. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose coins don't circulate that well. Like I've said before LOTS of people around here must collect because I usually end up with common change and some pre-1982 cents (which I save) at the end of the day. I pretty much save anything from 1964 or before, anything from 2009, and any coins that I don't have from 2010-now. I hate hoarding though so I don't really save many doubles unless they are worth over face value or really old. Good luck with your coin hoard, though! I still need the '09 dimes and nickels which obviously haven't circulated well. For some reason I'm determined to find them rather than buy them. Then again I haven't seen them for sale except online which pretty much takes care of that since I hardly ever buy online.

    ReplyDelete