Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

2009 Bahamas Cent!


Found this in the return bin at a coin machine. It's amazing what you can find in those things. I haven't found any silver or anything, I have found one 2 Euro cent coin, two 25 cent coins (one from South America, the other from the Carribean) and a few more that I can't remember right now. It's been a while since I found anything in a return bin I wonder why that is. Probably the U.S. dollar's value going down and the exchange rate of foreign coins going up so that people aren't spending them as much. That or more people are starting to check their change and keep the foreign and interesting ones. Speaking of interesting I found the starfish on this coin very interesting. It's pretty cool having a few starfish on a coin. The reverse is pretty cool too having a dolphin and a flamingo. It almost seems like something out of an aquatic Alice in Wonderland. For those of you who were curious as to its value it is worth $0.05 not bad since I got it for free.

3 comments:

  1. Nice find! I always (somewhat reluctantly) check those return bins! The ones that always have a pot of gold at the bottom, for me, are the return slots at the toll booths here at the US/Canada border. Found a silver Canadian quarter there a about a half a year ago! I love how people ignore the return bins, make my life more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've heard of people finding $20.00 worth of Sacagewea Dollars, silver Kennedy Half Dollars, and $20.00 bills in coin returns and ATMs. It never fails to amaze me what people will leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found a Bahama penny at a change return machine today too! Lololol! Was wondering was it worth anything.... unfortunately not right now.. I will save it though!

    ReplyDelete