Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1922-D German 50 Pfennig!


This is the third and final German coin I bought at the flea market. Thanks to my anonymous knowledge doner down below in the comments I now know what the reverse says. It's "Sich regen bringt Segen" which means "Hard work brings its own reward". Other than that the design is pretty simple. Denomination, mint mark, date, country on the obverse and a nice little design on the reverse. As you can see on the first picture I paid $1.00 for this too bad for me it is only worth $0.10.

2 comments:

  1. I have 16 of these aluminium 50 pfennig coins - all with different dates and/or mintmarks of course :-)
    It's an S actually, not a G. So the text is "Sich regen bringt Segen", which is a German proverb that means "Hard work brings its own reward" (also apparently the Heinz company motto).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it looks a lot like a G. It does make more sense though. I'll go edit that asap.

    ReplyDelete