Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

End of the Year 2012!

This year has been long and eventful. We had Sandy, Sandy Hook, The Election, The End of the World, Gangnam Style, Kony 2012, The Olympics, The Death of the Canadian Cent and the Presidential Dollar (for circulation anyway), QEII reached 60 years on the throne, silver is dropping in value, and I have showed a TON of coins.

I bought plenty of silver coins and found none in circulation. I found a few foreigners but not as many as I would have liked. I actually found some Canadian Cents despite the fact that the Canadian Government has stopped striking them and will stop distributing them in February. Hopefully that means I'll get some Canadian nickels when the cents start disappearing.

I don't think I found as many American coins this year because I already have one of most of the common coins I collect. I did get some 2012 Hawai'i Quarters within a week of their release but I don't think I posted them. I also found a few wheaties this year but not many as last year. Same with 1964 nickels. I managed to get a nice hoard of 2012 dimes and cents but somehow I have not managed to get a single 2012 nickel. I found a quarter with a cud on it which was pretty nice. I bought a Half Cent for half of its numismatic value and plenty of silver coins (listed below).

As for silver I bought a threepence, two sixpences, two shillings; one from Australia and the other from Britain, a Mexican Peso, two Panamanian Dimes, 50 silver Roosevelt dimes; 8 other silver American dimes, some American Half Dollars, two Filipino dimes, one Filipino 20 Cent coin, some silver nickels, a Seated Liberty Dime Love Token, a silver Morgan Dollar love token (which I was refunded for because it may have been counterfeit), some silver Canadian quarters and dimes, and a 1967 Special Mint Set which contains a 1967 silver half dollar.

I got a few official followers and some non-official follwers this year. I also reached the 10,000 pageview milestone. I'm at exactly 12,805 as I type this and it'll probably be more when this is posted. Thanks to all of my followers and viewers! Without you this blog would be a lifeless webpage.

My pre-1982 cent collection has also grown from about 500 to over 1,000 since I last posted about it.

I think that about sums up this year on my blog. I probably left a few things out so be sure to check out my archives for the full year of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment