Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

1963 British Shilling!


In my efforts to get a pound's worth of shillings I picked up and bought this coin. I have 14 shillings so far which consists of 1 Crown (5 Shillings), one 2 Shilling coin, five 1 Shilling coins, 2 Sixpence coins, 3 Threepence coins, 2 One Penny coins, and 2 Half Penny coins. I need only six more shillings until I've got a pound and I'm really hoping there will be some silver ones (no this 12 pence coin is not silver) next time I go to the flea market. I don't have much per-decimal silver which is understandable since most of it was removed from circulation by the 1950's and Britain is across a whole ocean but I should probably have more. This non-silver 12 pence coin is worth about $0.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment