Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

1953 British Half Penny!


This is my second favorite British coin. I haven't posted my first favorite yet but I will soon. I'm not sure how it managed to stay in such good condition except it being one of the first coins to have QEII on it meaning someone may have saved it for the occasion. My favorite element of this coin is definitely the ship. It was designed by Thomas Humphrey Paget in the 1930's and his initials are on the coin as HP. He lived until 1974 so he saw the death of his awesome design which lasted for an amazing amount of years. QEII's protrait lasted for 11 years before it was changed and changed again and again. Soon the queen will leave forever and sone of the other royals will be put on the coins and currency. But that's a story for another day so I'll end by saying this coin is worth $1.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment