Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of 2011!

2011 has been an awesome year of finds for me. I finally found a silver coin which was a dime. I only got a handful of foreign coins, but I got plenty of good American coins. I got a 1959-D Lincoln Cent which I had been missing for quite a while. I also got a 1941-D nickel which I was missing. I got only one Dollar coin this year which was an Anthony dollar. I also started a collection of pre-1982 95% copper cents which has turned out alright finishing the year with just over $2.25 face value. I got a few star notes and a CU 1976 series $2.00 bill. My most valuable coin is my 1851-(P) UNC gold dollar that I bought. I got lots of 1964-(P) and 1964-D nickels in my change which I expected because of how many I have recieved in the past. I bought a total of 17 coins not including the 2010 and 1964 Proof Sets I bought. I have been using the 2011 Red Book for values, but since they are already selling 2013 books I will try to get one of those rather than the 2012. Along with finding 6 State/ Territory/ National Parks Quarters, 1 UNC  and a few AU dimes, 5 nickels from the 50's and 60's, and 1 UNC nickel my whole year in coins has been reported here. HAPPY NEW YEAR and HAPPY HUNTING!

(NOTE: While most of the coins I have posted about I got this year I did get some last year so not all coins in my previous posts are featured in this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment