Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

2009 Gold Dollar!


It is amazing what one can learn in 1.5 years. I taught myself how to collect by reading coin books and going online. I had a basic idea of what was good and what was spare change, but had almost no facts about more modern coins because my first best recource back then was a 1980 Blue Book. Shortly after, I recieved a Coin World 2005 Guide to U.S. Coins that was by far more advanced and up to date, but still not completely accurate. Around that time is when I got this coin. I knew what a Sacagewea Dollar was but had never seen this one with the date and mint mark on the edge so for about 10 minutes it puzzled me. Then I remembered the Presidential Dollars with the date on the edge so I looked and there it was. The edge is fairly worn with many scratches and wasn't really worth putting a picture up for. Since then I have aquired a 2011 Red Book and don't have many coin value or identification problems anymore. Speaking of value this is worth just $1.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment