Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

1969 Iran 1 Rial!


Ooooh very official looking. So official, in fact, that it made its way here with me forcefully nudging it along. This coin is from one of the thirty-thousand countries that currently wants to blow us up and has been demonetized since it was minted 44 years ago. It features a starving lion carrying a sword in the hot sun on the obverse and a 1 on the reverse. I got it pretty cheap and it's worth about $1.00 in this condition. Not too shabby!

4 comments:

  1. You should crop all your coins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did crop most of my newest buys so expect to see some cropped pictures mixed in with older, non-cropped ones.

      Delete
    2. So I will (BTW, I read your blog every time there's a new post!).

      Delete
    3. Well, be ready! I'll have another post coming out shortly.

      Delete