Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

1892 British Penny!


Not in the best condition but it's got a nice effigy of Queen Victoria and it's from the 1800's. If this coin was in just a little bit better condition, it would be worth a few dollars more than what I got it for. In this shape, it's only worth $1.00 and I got it for half that. There's been a discussion on Numista, going on here and here but regarding the same thing, about coins only being worth what someone will pay for them. I definitely would not have bought this coin for $1.00 by itself, but with a few other coins thrown in and a discount, I got it. I doubt anyone would actually pay $1.00 for this and as such its value is ≤, less than or equal to, the $1.00 price. Beauty and price is in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment