Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2012

1979 Bahamas Quarter!


When I first saw this coin at the flea market I thought it was some sort of Canadian commemorative coin, which they issue way to often. It has a similar appearance to the reverse of the Canadian dime which made me think Canada decided to honor the Bluenose on their quarter. I turned it over and saw the words "COMMONWEALTH OF THE BAHAMAS" which kind of made me sad because I was trying to get lots of Canadian coins. Still, I kept it because it's in pretty nice condition and very aesthetically pleasing. As with all good things there is a down side and this one's is it's low value of $0.35.

1 comment:

  1. I have a 1787 NJ Nova caesarea coppercoin, it is a nice old coin, but someone stamped copy on the reverse side,,,, what can i possibly get for this coin???

    ReplyDelete