Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

RIP(ped) Money


This is the kind of bill everyone hates getting. Why? Simply because of the piece that was ripped off. I got this bill as payment at a neighborhood yard sale about a week ago. The person most likely wanted to pass the note along as fast as possible and figured my house was as good as any other. Not being the type to turn down money and having not noticed the missing piece I accepted the bill. It wasn't until I was counting the money that I noticed this bill and another that I'll be posting soon. I set it aside to take a few quick pictures and then put it back with the rest of my money. Since it has little-no numismatice value I'm just going to try to spend it somewhere. Hopefully it'll make it's way to a Federal Reserve Bank and eventually the BEP to be shredded or burned and replaced with a new note. That sounds kind of harsh especially for a newer note, but this one's time has come and gone. It's time for it to pass into the cash drawer up in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment