Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2002 Barbados 5 Cents!



BE SURE TO VISIT MY NUMISTA!
Here's another mystery coin. When I say that I mean it's a mystery as to where I got it. I believe this is 1/2 of the Barbadian coins I have, the other one will be featured later in the series. This coin is nickel sized, but has the color of a dirty cent so I'm not sure what I got it as. One thing I love about this coin is that it features the South Point Lighthouse, the oldest lighthouse in Barbados. Another thing I love is that on both of the Barbadian coins I have feature clouds as a prominent part of their designs. Then again it kind of makes this coin look dreary. On the other side is the Coat of Arms which features a pelican, a dolphin fish, and the motto "Pride and Industry" among other things. This proud and industrious coin is sadly only worth $0.05.  

No comments:

Post a Comment