Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Look and Deutsche Marks!


As you can probably tell, I have "redone" my blog to give it a look more suitable for my passion. Yes I love currency too even if it isn't really mentioned or shown much on my blog. Anyway this is a 1950 1 Deutsche Mark from Germany (of course). I went into depth about the general history of the post-WWII German coins yesterday so check there if you want a history lesson. This particular coin is valued at about $1.50 although it could go for $2.00. I started my German coin collection with Euros and then found this coin and the coins I posted about yesterday about a year after I got my first Euros and I've been collecting ever since. This is one of my oldest foreign coins but as I mentioned in "Happy Birthday Canada!" my oldest is a Swiss 5 Rappen.

No comments:

Post a Comment