Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Republica Del Ecuador 1971 20 Centavos!


Odd how I have more Ecuadorian stamps than I do coins. This is my one and only Ecuadorian coin and while it is small and relatively insignificant it is pretty special to me. But that is a story for a different day and probably even a different blog. It features many over-used designs such as flags, axes, spears, a fasces, an eagle, and a wreath. It also has mountains or hills which are less used but still seen. It is in pretty nice condition for being 42 years old although the reverse is a little worn. Not too many scratches or dents and for that it is worth around $0.20.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I have one more comment to make, lol. It has nothing to do with the Ecuadorian coin that you posted (which is a nice coin, no doubt), but it is in regards to the withdrawl of the Canadian penny. Not sure if you have heard, but on Feb 4 of this year, you will no longer be able to pick up pennies at the bank, and will be very limited in picking them up from stores that give them out as change. You should do a farewell to the penny post! I went to the bank the other day and picked up 3 boxes, of which $15 were US pennies, but no big deal. I got about 30 2012 pennies which are impossible to come by, never found one in my change the entire year but from those boxes, I found a few. Also found a capped die lincoln penny error which was a huge surprise, and also some George VI pennies and a George VI error on which it was actually minted on the wrong coin planchet, very unusual. Anyway, see ya later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already done a farewell post. It was almost a year ago when the last penny was struck. Maybe I should do another one just for the final shot to the head of the penny.

      Some nice interesting finds in Canadian circulation. I've been sure to stock up on Canadian cents when I can. I bought as many as I could find at the flea market in the junk box and since billions of pennies were made I don't think I'll have much trouble with still finding them. Plus it's the $0.25 box so unless all of the pennies go beyond that price I'll be fine.

      Delete