Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

1340 (1961) Afghanistan 2 Afghanis!


So, if you pay attention to dates like me you'll notice that this is my third day in a row posting. Why? Because I'm trying to get as many old pictures off of my computer as possible so I can put new pictures on it! I'll have a trivia post tomorrow and then I'll put a post up on Wednesday like usual.

Back on track! This Afghan $2.00 coin would actually be kind of interesting if it were a different variety. It is KM#954.1 in Afghan coins which means it's the coin alignment variety and worth around $0.15. If it were KM#954.2, the medal alignment variety, evidence would suggest it was the first Republican issue struck in 1973. That would make it worth around $0.35 in this condition. Not like I'm heart-broken or anything, but it would be a cool coin to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment