Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

1953 Vatican City 2 Lire!


 This would be my favorite coin if it wasn't so damaged. Sure it's not worth much, but it's a cool Vatican City coin and not many people have them. I found it somewhere in a foreign/junk coin box at the flea market. Since I collect even the most damaged/unrecognizable coins, I quickly added it to the pile of coins I was buying. I'm not quite sure what made it like this since it seems to be XF if not UNC underneath the "stuff". My guess is it was thrown in a wishing well where it sat for a while and then someone either spent or kept it leading it to be sold and bought a few times until I got it. In case you were wondering what it looks like without the "stuff" go to this website and check out the picture. It's a beautiful coin with a low mintage and a low demand. The low demand leads it to be less valuable which is why it's worth around $0.05 (especially with the damage).

No comments:

Post a Comment