Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

1996 Canadian $2.00 Coin!


Got Was practically given this coin at the flea market. I had already bought a bunch of coins (most of which will be shown in the upcoming days) and only had a few dollars left to spend on whatever caught my eye. As I was walking around I noticed a box that had a few coins in it. This was one of those coins. I asked the man at the table how much it was and he said $1.00. I was pretty happy to have made $1.00 but not as happy to have found out it was only worth $2.00. Anyway it's worth... oh yeah I already said that. I do think the bimetallic thing is cool. Maybe presidential dollars and Sacagewea dollars would be more popular if they looked cooler. Just an idea...

5 comments:

  1. You paid $1.00 for a $2.00 coin, that is great. While you're not going to retire on your buys I must say you have great skill in picking items.

    I would've probably paid $3.00.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You paid $1.00 for a $2.00 coin, that is great. While you're not going to retire on your buys I must say you have great skill in picking items.
      Yep. It helps to have the $1.00 bill in your hand and for the guy at the table to not be primarily selling coins.

      I would've probably paid $3.00.
      Last time I ask you for coin values. Hahahahahahahaha just joking.

      Delete
  2. LOL! If you find some more of these toonies, send them up to me! They're still legal tender here in Canada! Ridiculous that they would sell something less than face, but then again, in the States, it's only a collector item! As Man said, nice pick! I just got 442 coins the other day for $20.20 in Lansing, MI, right after my exam. I found a few coins that are worth about $150.00 altogether. I'll post them after I get back from Chicago, but NICE FIND!! PROPS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about sending you any maybe if I get any free doubles. Like I said to Man it helps to have the $1.00 bill in your hand and for the guy at the table to not be primarily selling coins. I see you bought A LOT of coins can't wait to see them! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I have a 2.00canada coin looking to see how much it is in texas

    ReplyDelete