Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

1913-D Raised Ground (Variety 1) Buffalo Nickel!


Got this at the flea market. Yes I finally said it after like a week but the story is kind of important. Not to the coin just to me. I went to one of the four coin places that I usually go to (after going to two of them) with about $10.00 left. I saw this coin (**Spoiler** and a 1913 Variety 2 nickel) and decided to get them. This was marked for $7.00 and the other for $4.00. That comes out to a hefty $11.00 compared to my about $10.00. In the end I got both coins for $8.00 (this being $5.00 and the other being $3.00). I think it was a nice price considering the only way to know this is a 1913 is by looking at the reverse. If it wasn't a Variety 1 it would be considered dateless which is apparently common with Buffalo Nickels. I've never seen a dateless one except in pictures but it sounds like a nice piece of jewelery. Anyway in G (Good) this is worth about $15.00 but the book says that Good has the date legible. This has no date so it's worth around $7.50 (half).

No comments:

Post a Comment