Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

1864 Confederate $5.00 Bill!








 This is one of my newest buys. It's an 1864 Confederate $5.00 bill. I got it at the flea market on Sunday for $30.00 which is great because it is worth $50.00. Notice the attention to detail on it. You can see men in suits and women in dresses and the signatures and serial number are hand-written. All of the leaves on the trees are visible and so is every last step on the building. It is amazing how the rebels could gather an army, gather supplies, make uniforms, mint coins, keep the war going for as long as they did, and print money with every last detail visible under the circumstances (Not that I support what they did I'm just saying). This is the oldest bill I own and, surprisingly, it is in the best condition out of all of my old American bills. I suppose someone saved this in a book because it has no folds and is in amazing condition for it's age (I've found series 2003 bills that look at least 50 years old).

No comments:

Post a Comment