Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Deutsche Demokratische Republik = East Germany


This is my recently bought 1971 Deutsche Demokratische Republik or German Democratic Republic or East Germany 10 pfennig coin. I bought it to expand my large-ish but relatively non-growing German coin collection. I got it and three other German coins at the flea market which is where I get most of my collectible coins and bills. It only cost me $0.20 and is worth $1.00 so I would gain $0.80 if I sold it (although if I sold it I probably wouldn't get $1.00 for it).

1 comment:

  1. Rare U.S. coins are a part of our history--direct links to America's rich heritage--as timeless and valuable as history itself. For two centuries, U.S. coins have been symbols of American stability, as well as reflections of national pride. Throughout our nation's history, coins have spotlighted our national heroes, paid tribute to our great achievements and commemorated significant events. These truly historic works of art commemorate past sacrifices made in the name of freedom.

    ReplyDelete