Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2006 Canada Bravery/Bravoure Quarter!


 Well, I caved. I have tried not to buy any of the millions of commemoratve Canadian quarters that have been made in the past 20 years as they are of relatively little value and there have been many different types making collecting them almost impossible. I bought this one along with a 1968 silver dime and a 1971 quarter (all Canadian, of course) simply because I didn't have them and they were only being sold at face value. That's right, I got a silver Canadian dime for face value! Now, on to the coin above. It commemorates the Canadian Medal of Bravery as evidenced by the wreath and maple leaf on the reverse. To get the Medal of Bravery you don't have to be Canadian or even live in Canada! You just have to do something that benefits Canadian causes. The obverse features an unflattering portrait of QEII and the RCM mint mark. It's pretty scratched up but has little wear and for that it is worth face value.

2 comments:

  1. How much is it worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Had a ?? .did the scratch happen whole in your possession. Cause I have one also and it sorta looks the same I thought that the Queen had a weak sttike

    ReplyDelete